金博棋牌电脑版:Anies has made Jakarta worse: Protesters
The Jakarta Post
Some 60 protesters from the Nation Unity Community packed the front yard of City Hall on Monday demanding Jakarta Governor Anies Baswedan do a better job sorting out the many problems in the city.
Instead of providing solutions to the city’s severe issues, such as traffic congestion and floods, Anies has made several problems worse, the protesters claimed.
“Why did he [Governor Anies] ask vendors to sell their goods on the streets instead of using the Block G building in Tanah Abang [market]?” community leader Silvia D. Soembarto asked wartakota.tribunnews.com, referring to Anies’ controversial policy of dedicating Jl. Jatibaru Raya to street vendors instead of for motorists.
The protestors also criticized the governor’s plan to revive the long-banned use of becak (pedicab) in residential areas. “Numbers of becak have begun to operate on main streets of West and North Jakarta [since the policy was announced],” she said. (vla)
- Teenage US snowboard sensation Chloe Kim wins Olympic gold
- Indonesia demands justice for Adelina
- Commentary: New penal code: How are we worse than the Dutch?
- Airbnb to start maintaining properties for tourist stays in Japan
- Indonesia promises speedier licensing, offers tax incentives
- RI prepares mechanism for providing unemployment benefits
- Saudi vision offers more for haj and 'umrah' pilgrims
- Sanitation, drinking water projects progress slowly, minister says
- Couples make Valentine's Day deposit in 'Love Bank'
- New trees a second chance for peatland farmers