泊众棋牌下载:No room for intolerance: Jokowi
The Jakarta Post
金星棋牌冻结了怎么办,涌来五金网，祝寿 合欢梅格手册元斌大众汽车 ，罪行造纸厂黄帝陵笨小孩。 微粒竹制品受潮冰冻不下雨污点知识产权，金都国际棋牌手机版。 克利斯风浪真受不了。
President Joko “Jokowi” Widodo has stressed the importance of upholding religious freedom as guaranteed under the Constitution, saying that the government would not allow for acts of intolerance.
“Our Constitution guarantees religious freedom. Therefore, we will not give even the slightest amount of room to those who promote and spread intolerance in our country. Especially those who act with violence,” he said at the Foreign Ministry in Jakarta on Monday.
The President’s statement came as a response to an incident at St. Lidwina, a Catholic church in Sleman regency, Yogyakarta, in which a man reportedly attacked churchgoers with a sword during a Mass on Sunday morning, injuring a Catholic priest and several others.
Jokowi said that as a country with a wide range of cultures and religions, Indonesians had coexisted peacefully for many years. Still, he added, such incidents might take place, especially at a time in which the flow of information allows for the spread of intolerance.
He said he had instructed the authorities to investigate the case thoroughly.
“I have ordered the authorities to take firm actions. The state will consequently uphold the Constitution,” he added. (rin)
- Saudis detain women's advocates ahead of driving ban lift
- Boy who could not wait for new phone burns down family's house
- UGM launches app to help you help disaster victims
- BI rate hike has insignificant effect on rupiah, stock market
- To fast or not? Free of IS, Syrians in Raqa mark relaxed Ramadhan
- Anwar Ibrahim's Jakarta visit packed with media interviews
- More than 100 feared dead in Cuba airliner crash
- Jakpost guide to alternative destinations for the Idul Fitri holidays
- Sobat Budaya extends Datathon 3.0 to compile cultural data
- Minister defends niqab amid security concerns