豪城手机棋牌官网: Teenage US snowboard sensation Chloe Kim wins Olympic gold
The 17-year-old American snowboarder Chloe Kim won her first Games gold as the teenage sensation romped to victory in the halfpipe at the Pyeongchang Winter Olympics on Tuesday.
The teenager has been touted as a star of the Games in South Korea because of her prodigious talent, ever-ready smile and Korean heritage.
Kim -- the heavy pre-tournament favourite -- claimed a comfortable victory with a winning score of 98.25, well ahead of China's Liu Jiayu, who took silver, with Arielle Gold of the United States earning bronze.
The United States are threatening to dominate the snowboarding in South Korea.
Kim's victory made it a hat-trick for Team USA after Jamie Anderson won a chaotic women's slopestyle final and another talented teenager, the 17-year-old Red Gerard, topped the podium in men's slopestyle.
Kim has become a darling of the home fans in Pyeongchang, who have adopted her as one of their own because her parents are Korean.
The four-time X Games champion would have challenged for gold in Sochi four years ago -- if she hadn't been too young to compete.
- After stunning growth streak, Amazon ambitions seem boundless
- No instruction to bar Anies from pitch: Palace
- Romeo the lonesome frog is feelin' the love
- Fidel Castro is not Trudeau's real father: Canadian govt
- 'Do not test Israel', Netanyahu tells Iran, brandishing drone 'piece'
- Philippines says in talks with China for joint sea exploration
- Daddy Yankee gets the world dancing again with viral song
- Enjoying legendary 'Jenang' in Surakarta
- Seeking post-Brexit unity, EU leaders find more fights
- Saudi women to start own busines without male permission