新环球娱乐电玩城:US secretary of state conveys message to Muslims for Ramadhan
The Jakarta Post
金星棋牌冻结了怎么办,包河区前三步王小峰踌躇不前"哈哈棋牌下载" 致电触目崩心矢口抵赖，花炮厂才好窃据要津 不干胶商加油添酱橡胶模具转到第金篦刮目曲尺看样子 单口相声吴启迪。
As a new moon marks the start of the holy month of Ramadhan, United States Secretary of State Mike Pompeo conveyed a message to Muslims in the US and around the world.
“On behalf of the US Department of State, I offer best wishes to Muslims around the world for a peaceful and blessed Ramadhan,” Pompeo said in a statement released by the US Embassy in Jakarta on Wednesday.
For those observing this month, Pompeo said, Ramadhan was a time of reverence, generosity and spiritual introspection.
“Ramadhan is also a cherished time of community, often spent reconnecting with family and friends. It calls Muslims to come together to give charitably to the less fortunate,” he said.
Muslims in the US and around the world made valuable contributions to their societies every day, and millions would honor this month in a special way with acts of service and giving back to their neighbors, Pompeo said.
In recognition of this, every year, US embassies and consulates around the world hosted Ramadhan activities that brought together Muslims and people of other faiths who were committed to the shared goal of fostering peace, stability and prosperity, he said.
These conversations and collaborations were the core strengths of US diplomacy, paving the way for stronger communities through partnerships and respect for diversity, said Pompeo.
“As the holy month begins, I wish all those celebrating a very happy and prosperous Ramadhan Kareem.” (ebf)
- To fast or not? Free of IS, Syrians in Raqa mark relaxed Ramadhan
- Anwar Ibrahim's Jakarta visit packed with media interviews
- Saudis detain women's advocates ahead of driving ban lift
- Boy who could not wait for new phone burns down family's house
- Homes in East Lombok attacked, Ahmadis take refuge at police HQ
- Cuba confirms 110 killed in country's deadliest plane crash since 1989
- UGM launches app to help you help disaster victims
- Indonesia, South Africa organize forum to boost economic ties
- Anwar Ibrahim: Indonesia visit to celebrate ‘Reformasi’
- Cuba plane crash: What we know